Adults wishing to register for a library card must bring with them one photo ID and a piece of mail that includes their current address with a postmark date or billing date within a month of library card registration. These forms of identification include but are not limited to driver’s license, utility bills, mail, or voter’s registration card.
Children 12 and under must have a parent fill out their initial application for a library card. Children under the age of 16 may use the proof of residency provided by their parent. Children 16 and over may choose to provide their own proof of residency or use that of their parent.
Children must be 5 years of age to sign up for a library card.
ALL PATRON RECORDS ARE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL PER ILLINOIS LAW.
Residents living within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Oglesby Public Library District are eligible to receive an Oglesby Public Library card at no cost. Library cards are renewed every three years.
In order to receive an Oglesby Public Library card, those living outside of the city of Oglesby and not within the boundaries of another public library may purchase a card at the rate of $65.00 per year. This cost is approximately what an average household in the district would pay in taxes.
Yes, but there is a $2.00 fee to replace lost, damaged, destroyed, or stolen cards.
Yes. You can use your card at the LaSalle, Peru, and Ottawa libraries, as well as many area libraries. You can return borrowed books from Oglesby there as well, or return books from other libraries at Oglesby.
As a card holder, the borrower identified on the valid Oglesby library borrower card may physically take his or her library card to another public library using the PrairieCat circulation system to borrow materials. Those materials are the responsibility of the borrower and are subject to all of the fines, rules, and regulations of the lending library. Reciprocal borrowing privileges (requesting books through interlibrary loan to be picked up at that library instead of Oglesby Library) may be limited at the lending library.
You can check out as many books as you would like, but may only take out 4 DVDs at once.
To renew books and other items you may call the library at 815-883-3619 or you may renew online.
To renew online, visit our online catalog and follow these steps:
- Login to your account by clicking the “My Account” link at the top, right-hand corner.
- Click on your name at the top, right-hand corner of the next screen.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the second blue link that says “Checkouts (#)”
- You will see a list of the items you have checked out. You can either click on the “Renew All” button below the list to renew everything or you can select the boxes next to certain items and click “Renew Marked” to renew only those items.
- On the next page, there will be a confirmation asking if you are sure you want to renew the items you selected. Choose “Yes” to renew.
- After you click “Yes,” you will be returned to the list of items you currently have checked out. Look at the list and make sure the due date has been updated. If it has, there should be a line under the status column that says “Now due MM-DD-YYYY” with your new due date.
Please note that the patron will be responsible for any fines incurred if the online renewal process doesn’t go accordingly. If there are any questions at all, don’t hesitate to call us!
For tutorials on how to use your tablet or eReader, mouse over the “F.A.Q. & Tutorials” link in the menu above and click the “eReader Tutorials” option on the drop down menu that appears.
Yes! The cost to receive a fax is $0.25 per page and the cost to send a fax is $1.00 per page. The fax number at the library is 815-883-3615.
Black & White prints or copies are $0.25 per page.
Color prints or copies are $1.00 per page.